Grampian Kart Club Facebook

BDOC Round 1 Report

bdoc round 1

Honda Cadets

From pole position, Abbie Munro led the cadets away followed by Craig Mann, Aidan Welch, Jonathan Edwards and Ben MacLeod. Munro soon opened up a gap and went onto take a comfortable victory. Early casualty was Edwards who retired because of a faulty engine mount on lap five. Mann and Welch remained in close contention throughout the race. Welch made his move and got on the inside at Kevin's Korner and the pair were side by side as they went through Shirlaw's to the run down to pit corner. However a back marker was on the outside of the track that thwarted Welch's overtaking manoeuvre. Mann won the sprint to the chequered flag. Ben McLeod came home fourth ahead of Logan Mann, Ben Burnett and Callum Meldrum.

1st - Abbie Munro (Bonar Bridge)
2nd - Craig Mann (Aberdeen)
3rd - Aidan Welch (Banchory)

Junior Max

After two false starts the front row was put to the back of the small grid. This left Cameron McPhee on pole and Reece Gillan in second spot. The third attempt was go and by start of the second lap at gate corner Shaun Davidson took the lead. He soon opened a large gap before taking the victory. McPhee was holding off Robbie Souter for the first seven laps. At Seafield Complex, Souter made a move to the inside and touched McPhee causing a half spin. Souter moved to second and took the position at the chequered flag. McPhee caught the spin and came home third. Gillan finished fourth with Conner Matthew, fifth.

1st - Shaun Davidson (Longside)
2nd - Robbie Souter (Dyce)
3rd - Cameron McPhee (Inverurie)


The new blue livered prokarts were only in their second outing. Adrian Brodie convincingly won the B final.

The A final was to be a closely contested race through out. In the first lap there were three leader and as they crossed the line for the first time it was Jack Gordon from Ryan Cannon, Mark Wyness, Stuart Wyness, Daniel Borton, Michael Ogilvie and Adrian Brodie. By the end of lap two it had completely changed with Mark Wyness in front Borton, Gordon, Cannon and Brodie. Stuart Wyness and Adrian Brodie had in incident and both dropped back. As the race settled down the front five drew away from the pack. Borton was leading on lap four but by lap six Wyness was back in front. Cannon took the lead the following lap and was to hold the position to the chequered flag for victory. Mark Wyness came home a close second from Daniel Borton, Jack Gordon and Michael Ogilvie. There was a gap until sixth place Mathew McBride who was followed home by Andrew Cruickshank and Steven Donald.

1st - Ryan Cannon (Leven)
2nd - Mark Wyness (Inverurie)
3rd - Daniel Borton (Ellon)

Senior Max

The Snr Max final got under way and within two laps a light shower of rain made things greasy. Pole man, Tony Strachan, led away closely followed by Connor Wilson, Grant Cheesewright, Ross Shearer, Lewis Rae and Liam Souter. Ross Shearer gained third place at the half way point. Strachan took the victory with Wilson second. Shearer and Cheesewright were next up. Rae got the better of Souter on lap seven. Kieran Smart came home seventh followed by Liam Ross.

1st - Tony Strachan (Newmacher)
2nd - Connor Wilson (Rothiemay)
3rd - Ross Shearer (Banff)

KZ1 (Gearbox)

Neil Anderson took the early lead from Derek Kinghorn and Ian Duncan. Duncan moved to second on lap two. Anderson spun in the Seafield Complex dropping him down the order. Duncan took the lead and the victory. Leon Beda closed on Derek Kinghorn but the later held the position to take second. Leon Beda took third position. Anderson recovered to fourth ahead of John Robertson.

1st - Ian Duncan (Aberchirder)
2nd - Derek Kinghorn (Rothienorman)
3rd - Leon Beda (Coaltown of Balgonie)

Sheryl Borton presented trophies in clubhouse after the meeting.

bdoc round 1 trophy winners

BDOC Round 1 Trophy Winners

Next race meeting takes place on Sunday 13th April

Press report by Alan Wyness, GKC Press Officer

News Archive