Grampian Kart Club Facebook

BDOC Round 3 Report

bdoc round 3

Sunny, warm and breezy conditions were the order of the day for the third round of the Boyndie Drome Open Challenge.

Honda Cadets

Honda Cadets have been producing the closest racing at Boyndie and this final did not disappoint. A group of four opened up a gap from the rest of the field. They were Tristan Rennie, Ben MacLeod, Jonathan Edwards and Ben Burnett. Soon the four were five with Leon Henderson joining the fun. Position changed each lap in this closely contested final. Pit corner was a favourite passing place with the dive down the inside. It was three laps from home when Edwards took the lead at pit corner and going through the loop opened a five metre gap. This proved decisive as when the other caught him on the last lap was able to defend pit corner and sprinted to the chequered flag. Second across the line was Macleod followed by Rennie, Henderson and Burnett. In the meantime Logan Mann was holding sixth until Craig Blake grabbed the position on lap five, which he held until the race end. Mann took seventh and was followed home by Darren Guijt and Rebecca McPhee.

1st - Jonathan Edwards (Cornhill)
2nd - Ben MacLeod (Evanton)
3rd - Tristan Rennie (Dyce)

Mini/Junior Max

Drama started before the race as Craig Mannís kart did not fire on the dummy grid. Fatherís descended and fixed the kart and he was able to take his position on the rolling lap. Logan Blake took the lead with Craig Mann on his bumper. However Blake gradually stretched his lead and won comfortably. Mann finished second with Aiden Welch third. Kieran Glen took fourth spot.

Junior max soon became spread out with Robbie Souter taking the victory from Cameron McPhee and Reece Gillan

Mini Max

1st - Logan Blake (Oldmeldrum)
2nd - Craig Mann (Aberdeen)
3rd - Aidan Welch (Banchory)

Junior Max

1st - Robbie Souter (Dyce)
2nd - Cameron McPhee (Inverurie)
3rd - Reece Gillan (Inverurie)

Prokart (Hire karts)

The prokart B final was won by Robert Stevenson with Oliver Bailey as runner-up. The prize was the final two slots in the A final.

Michael Ogilvie had a lights to flag victory with by a margin. A close battle for second between Stuart Dalgarno and Steven Allen was resolved in the favour of Allen. Fourth home was kart four, being driven by Kevin Doherty followed by Scott Murray and Roy Wilson. Robert Stevenson, B final winner, came through to take seventh ahead of Deborah Brown.

1st - Michael Ogilivie (Stonehaven)
2nd - Steven Allen (Huntly)
3rd - Stuart Dalgarno (Maud)

Senior Max

Pole man, Liam Souter, led away when the lights went out closely followed by Kieran Smart. This pair opened a gap over the rest of the field. Smart made his move through the Seafield complex taking the inside line. Once in front Smart opened up a gap and took the victory. Souter took second place. Derek Strachan took third well clear of the pack. Charlie Mackintosh held fourth for the early laps until Gary Williams took the place on lap 4. Liam Ross was making his way through but a collision with Mackintosh say the latter retire. Ross was excluded by officials at the end of the race. Williams finished fourth and was followed home by Mathew McBride, Merlin Aldrick and Ben Underwood.

1st - Keiran Smart (Oldmeldrum)
2nd - Liam Souter (Banff)
3rd - Derek Strachan (Newmachar)

KZ2 (Gearbox)

Neil Anderson won the depleted field of gearbox karts final. Ian Duncan took second ahead of John Robertson.

1st - Neil Anderson (Insch)
2nd - Ian Duncan (Aberchirder)
3rd - John Robertson (Rothiemay)

Next race meeting takes place on Sunday 20th September.

Sarah Ward presented trophies in clubhouse after the meeting.

News Archive